Tuesday, October 16, 2007

M - I - Z ... Z - Oh no!

Well, since my blog mates are a couple of no-typing hosers, I guess I'll just have to carry this thing myself. Go ahead and jump on my back, boys!!!

I enjoyed watching the Tigers play Saturday night in a prime time game with some meaning. I knew it was a long shot, to say the least, to get a victory at OU, but I was still excited that there was actually a chance at all. The tigers came out swinging and had some early success on offense, mainly because of Maclin. That guy is a man-child and will probably not stay for his 3 years of remaining eligibility. He is literally a threat to score every time he touches the ball.

My excitement peaked in the 3rd quarter when Mizzou went up 25-24. Are you kidding me??? The Tigers actually have a chance to beat a ranked team on the road??? As it turns out, the answer to that was a resounding NO. They folded at the end of the game with crutial turnovers, one for a touchdown. And that was that. They added a meaningless touchdown at the end, but the Sooners were able to control the game and come up with a home win that they needed and earned.

It is really nice to be able to root for a team that is actually playing well and fun to watch. Unfortunately, it looks like they'll have to run the table to have a shot at winning the north, especially with Gay-U actually coming out of nowhere and winning ballgames. Against the Little Sisters of the Poor, albeit. And this week should be really cool with MU playing Texas Tech. I don't even think either team will even dress a running back... They are just not necessary anymore.

2 comments:

The Man said...

Go Tigers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any chili left ???

Brent said...

I promise I will start to post again. And I would like to know how the chili was the day after. I didn't manage to shake it out until Monday morning.