Monday, November 26, 2007

HOLY CRAP!!!

That's the only thing I can think to say right now. I still cannot believe that the Missouri Tigers are #1 in the nation. I am in awe and disbelief all at the same time. I think that they have achieved the perfect storm this year with Daniel, the Rucker/Coffman tandem, Maclin and a very servicable defense. Crazy thing is that they are getting the majority of the starters back next year too. Unbelievable.

Two things still concern me... First, they are Mizzou. I think the reason that I am in disbelief is because they are, after all, Mizzouri. I have a hard time getting too excited because the rug can be pulled out from under us pretty quick by the ol' Sooners. But, I also have to admit that I'm having a really hard time not getting excited too.

My second concern is still our goal-line/short-yardage offense. It still makes me pretty nervous that I'm more comfortable from the 10 than the 1. They've shown a lot more promise recently, even lining Daniel up under center once... Amazing! They'll need to convert these opportunities more often than not to beat Oklahoma.

I can't ever remember being this excited about a team that I didn't play on (or even one that I did for that matter). We'll have to see how far we can go, but regardless of what happens, I'm pretty pleased to be in the national hunt going into the final week. Even if they do decide to pee down their collective leg, it would have been a hell of a ride this year with some promise for the next.

2 comments:

Brent said...

I still can't believe it. This season has been beyond my wildest dreams, and the last week has been almost surreal. Someone pinch me!

Amber said...

You've been tagged! Go to my page to see what to do now!