Friday, February 02, 2007

Random TV Thoughts

I had several ideas for a regular post, but I decided to lump a few small things together instead.

-In case you hadn't already heard, Monday, February 14th is going to be a 2 hour 24 event. I can't wait. I expect things to really pick up in the next couple of weeks. It took about 6 episodes last season to really get into the swing of things, and I think we're just about there.

-I haven't mentioned Desperate Housewives on here in quite awhile, so I'll go ahead and throw in my $0.02 now. I'm kind of torn on this season. There have been times where I have liked it as much as I have ever liked the show, and then there are other times where it's almost painful to watch. For instance, I love the Scavo Pizzeria idea. I hope it works out well for them. On the other hand, Zack Young should not be trying to date Gabrielle Solis, even if he is a billionaire now. There's been a surprising lack of Nicolette Sheridan on the show this year, which is even more disappointing when you consider the work she's had done since last season. I swear, blow up an HD picture of her and you can see a difference. I hate seeing it go to waste. Also, the whole "Delfino in a coma" storyline is getting tiresome. I realize he has woken up now, but still. A little soapy, even for a show like this. Last thing (I promise) is that Marcia Cross's pregnancy is really hurting the show. Bree was the best character on the show last season, without a doubt, and they are kind of limited to what they can do with her now since they can't even put her on camera from the chest down, or without throwing something random into the frame to block your view of her belly.

-Speaking of my vagina, how awesome is Grey's Anatomy. George and Callie got hitched, making her Callie O'Malley! How awesome is that? I actually laughed out loud at that one. In another crazy turn of events last night, Meredith's mom snaps out of her Alzheimers, and is totally lucid. I had no idea this could happen. Maybe they just made this up for dramatic effect, but it worked. She's such a bitch. At first I couldn't understand why Meredith didn't want to talk to her, but they made it pretty clear as to why she felt that way. Anyway, it was really sad at the end to see her go back into her funk again. I feel like such a chick for saying it, but I think the only shows I look forward to more than this one are 24, Lost, American Idol and The Office.

-Speaking of American Idol, I'm completely sick of auditions. Have they ever lasted this long before? I was about 95% sure that Wednesday night was the last audition night. It made perfect sense...last audition in LA, so there's a logical transition to Hollywood week. Instead, we're going to San Antonio next week! I realize that this show brings in huge ratings for Fox, and they have to milk it for all it's worth, but give me a break. Enough is enough. Let's get to the real part of the competition. I feel like I've already seen every nut job and every delusional singer that this country already has to offer, so there's no need to subject us to another audition show.

-I'm really tired of Dr. Phil, Oprah, Maury and Rachael Ray. My wife watches all of these shows religiously, and the only one I can even remotely stomach (sometimes) is Dr. Phil. Rachael Ray is annoying, Oprah is pompous, and Maury is literally the same show every day. And the worst part about Maury is it's always a hoodrat or trailer park ho screaming back and forth with the baby daddy. You can't even hear anything because every other word is bleeped out. Anyway, I'm just really tired of all these shows on the DVR backlog. I'll just leave it at that before I end up getting served with divorce papers.

In Bauer We Trust

6 comments:

Big Shaky said...

I was truly trying to decide if it was Brent writing this post or his wife. Seriously.
What's next? Are you going to tell me what's been happening on "That's So Raven"? I can't believe that a man wrote about Oprah and Rachel Ray on this blog.
You started off really strong, then fell off real quick.
My wife was wondering what is on WE and Oxygen this weekend. I'll have her give you a call so you can let her know.

Brent said...

Wait a minute, you're accusing me of these things and then drop a "That's so Raven" reference??? What the heck is that? Some crap you watch on the CW? Perhaps it's on right after Gilmore Girls or Smallville. I'm sure the Nuge is a big fan, whatever it is.

Big Shaky said...

Look, I have 4 daughters. I left my dignity on the roadside a long time ago. I baked a fake turkey in the Barbie dream kitchen last night. I sat at the Disney princess table with my 2 youngest last night and colored in their little mermaid coloring books.
All I have left is my fishing gear and my guns.
By the way, That's So Raven is on the Disney channel. It's Raven Simone that used to be on the Cosby show a long time ago. We also watch Wallace and Gromet, Elmo in Grouchland, Madagascar, and all the Scooby Doo's.
You'll learn young grasshopper...you'll learn.

Brent said...

Ah, the joys of parenthood. I can't wait until my life consists of sitting in a cubicle and watching Thomas the Tank Engine DVD's.

Is this what they call "the good life"???

Big Shaky said...

indeed it is, my friend, indeed it is.

Josh said...

Would you have it any other way. My daughter gets on movie kicks where she will watch the same one every day for a month - lately, it's been Bambi. I can't stand it anymore!