Thursday, February 08, 2007

To gay or not to gay...

I was watching ESPN yesterday (imagine that) and I saw that some ex-NBA player wrote a book announcing that he is gay. First of all, I don't even know who the guy is. Apparently he played from 1997-2003, but I don't recognize his name or his face. I bet he'll really have a huge impact on the way the NBA looks at things...

This brings me to my point - why do gay people have to have announcements? All we ever hear about is "equality," but then we here about announcements of people coming out and pride parades. I don't recall ever having my coming out party for my heterosexuality. I feel robbed, because that could have been a bash! Listen, if a guy wants to go around fondling another man's squashed spider, it's a free country. But why do you have to throw it in my face? Why is it that somebody has to write a book, hold a press conference or get on reality TV to announce that he is gay? I don't understand why there has to be an announcement at all. Just be gay. I obviously don't agree with it, but if that's what you want to do and you're not hurting anyone else (besides your parents, most likely), then have at it.

Equality is a joke today with the gays and minorities. They beg to be equal, but then they constantly call attention to themselves and demand specific political correctness. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints ("Mormon" if you will), but I don't go around demanding special treatment because that makes me a minority in this country - it does, by the way - there are more muslims in the US than mormons. I just go about my business - no books, no parades.

To sum up: if you want to be gay, then just shut-up and be gay. And get the hell off of my ESPN!

4 comments:

Brent said...

My guess is that there is almost an ulterior motive when something like this happens. If this guy had just sold his book, how would it have sold? My guess is that his sales will be considerably higher now.

I couldn't believe it yesterday when this was the top story on Yahoo! news. I don't care if this dude is gay or not. There are plenty of gay people, there are plenty of straight people. Why is this worthy on an announcement? Whatever.

Big Shaky said...

it's because society has made it cool to be gay. it's chic now. it means you are different and brave for living such a taboo lifestyle in the open now. it's a crock of sh** is what it is!! i'm sorry, you guys are better people than me. gays suck. i can't stand to hear them talk, i can't stand to see them together. it makes me ill. in fact, that damn snickers commercial when those 2 guys lips touched made me get up and walk out of the room. it sickens me.
it's against everything i believe. i hate to get all biblical, but there were cities that were destroyed in the bible for living the way that these people live. the word sodomy is named after one of the cities that was destroyed. isn't that bad enough??
queers need to find a better way to be chic and popular. wear expensive jeans, buy a fancy car, do something that doesn't involve a freakin' rod up your poop chute!

Brent said...

The Snickers commercial was hilarious. Gross, yes, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.