Sunday, January 14, 2007

24 - 6:00 am - 7:00 am and 7:00 am - 8:00 am

What a way to hit the 100th post on this blog! I've been waiting for this day for months on end, and I'm glad to see it is finally here. Apparently both of you watched tonight, so here are some of the things I missed in my preview, and some general thoughts on the evening.

-The bald guy working for CTU, Morris, is Chloe's ex-husband. It appears that they are dating at this point. I really don't know a whole lot about this guy, since they just threw him in towards the end of last season. He appears to be pretty computer savvy, but I don't know how much I trust him. I hope he grows on me as we go along. He seems to have a lot of connections, as evidenced by his ability of access the non-government satellite.

-I totally blew it by not mentioning Karen Hayes in my preview. She is the older blonde chick who is President Palmer's national security advisor. Last year, she had a major role as the Director of Homeland Security. I thought it was pretty surprising that she was married to Buchanan. Good for him, he's definitely married up (haven't we all?).

-There is a lot of new blood this season. The hot brunette working at CTU (Nadia?) is new, and Milo made a brief apparance way back in Season 1, so basically he's new too.

-Kal Penn as a bad guy! I like it. Way better than Sean Astin getting casted last season as a senior CTU official with a serious Napoleon complex.

-How much of a bad ass is Jack Bauer? The guy spends almost 2 years being torturned by the Chinese, and within 45 minutes managed to kill a guy with his mouth, and thrusts him into the middle of the terrorist bombings. Insane. It's really weird to see Jack working without any help from CTU at all, but I'm sure he'll go back to them at some point.

-I'm going to keep it relatively short tonight, since I want to wait and see what happens tomorrow night. Full analysis of the premier will be posted then.

In Bauer We Trust

1 comment:

Brent said...

By the way, the guy Kumar killed was the catcher in Major League 2. Wasn't his name Rube or something like that? I remember he had to recite the Penthouse Forum in order to throw the ball back to the mound.