Sunday, January 28, 2007

DVD Review: Idiocracy

This review is going to be pretty short, because there really isn't a whole lot to talk about with this movie. Luke Wilson is an average guy in the army, and he's chosen to be part of a 1 year hibernation project. Anyway, things go awry and intead of sleeping away one year, Luke wakes up 500 years later. The only problem is, the world is a much different place.

If you've ever watched a show like Maury Povich, you've seen that often times, various hood rats and trailer park trash are reproducing like rabbits, and they don't know the father of their children. Many times, they have multiple kids with unknown fathers. Every time I see this, I can't help but ask myself why these people are reproducing exponentially and people like me are scared to death to even have one kid. Well anyway, that's sort of what happens in Idiocracy. The world has been overcome by idiots. Intead of survival of the fittest, we have survival of the welfare class. Everyone's a moron.

Basically the movie is a 90 minute long stupid-joke. Sort of like how the Bluntman and Chronic movie was described as a 90 minute long gay-joke at the end of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I don't think it was a waste of time, but it wasn't funny enough to watch again either.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10

2 comments:

Josh said...

I'm glad you took one for the team on this one. I think I'll pass...

Brent said...

Now that it's set in for a day or two, it really wasn't even worth the 6.5 I gave it. I'd probably lower it another point. It was funny, but not that funny. And the plot was retarded.

Seriously, he escaped from Prison at one point because he told the prison guards that he was supposed to be leaving rather than thrown in as a new inmate. Since everyone's retarded, they believed him. Stupid. Maybe a 5.5 is generous.