Tuesday, January 16, 2007

24 Day 6: 8:00 am-9:00 am and 9:00 am-10:00 am

Now that the dust has settled from the 2 night, 4 hour premier, I think I can finally organize some thoughts.

-There is a lot less going on at CTU this year so far compared to years past. Of course, a lot of this has to do with Jack not working directly for them. I love what I've seen out of Morris O'Brian though. That Milo guy is a total punk.

-I think I like Wayne Palmer as President. He's no Dennis Haysbert, but who is? I definitely don't like his chief of staff. Without question, he's a snake in the grass. Same goes for Palmer's sister. I swear, the Palmers are just about as bad as the Kennedy's. Anyone who has seen some of the other seasons knows exactly what I'm talking about. There's drama around every corner with this clan.

-I can't go any further without mentioning it, so I'll just go ahead and say it. I can't believe they actually detonated the nuc! In a heavily populated area no less. I knew we would be in for a whale of a final segment. Normally the last scene starts at about 52 minutes past the hour and this one started at 48 minutes past. The writers definitely didn't disappoint. I was sure that they'd be able to stop the nuc from going off. With all the radiation fallout possibilities, this is going to have huge ramifications on the rest of the season. They did a diagram of how much the surrounding areas will be affected, but I have no idea how close Jack was to the bomb. Obviously he could see it in the distance, but are they anywhere near the infected zone? Is CTU anywhere near the infected zone? I have a ton of questions about this.

-I was pretty surprised to see Curtis get killed off. I was almost positive that he was going to shoot the terrorist guy before Jack pulled the trigger. Of course, he might still be alive, but all indications point toward him being gone for good. It's kind of disappointing, but not a huge loss. I never really cared for him that much anyway. It would be much more tragic to lose somebody like Chloe. I should have known something was up when Roger Cross was listed as a "guest star" on the opening credits.

-I really hate having to wait another week before being able to see an episode. Last year when I originally started watching, I went back and watched the previous seasons on DVD, so at least I had something to tide me over. This year, I have nothing. I would HIGHLY recommend going back and watching all the previous seasons starting from the beginning. This show is like crack. You just can't get enough. Besides, Season 1 is on sale at Target for only $20. There's no excuse for not picking it up. I have no idea how long this sale lasts, but it's easily worth buying.

-I guess we're not going to see any of Audrey Raines this season. I thought this was a possibility, with Kim Raver being involved in another show this season. I guess there really isn't a whole lot else to cover between her and Jack, but I liked having her on the show. Maybe she'll come back later in the season since "The Nine" tanked so badly.

-Back to the opening moments of the first episode...was the guy who blew up the bus Asian? That brings me to another thought...what did Wayne Palmer give up to get Jack back from the Chinese? I hope they cover this in future episodes. Was it money? Sensitive information of some kind? They have to explain this or it's going to drive me crazy.

-I tried to go to bed right after I finished watching, and it just isn't possible. I can't wait until next week.

Anyone else have any thoughts at all?

5 comments:

Big Shaky said...

You were right. The show has me hooked.
I too am surprised that they dropped a nuke. I knew Jack couldn't stay away. That nuke might have just sent him over the edge a bit.
I can't believe I've never watched this show until now. I heard many say great things about it, but they say that about American Idol too and look how ridiculously gay that show is!
24 is my new favorite!!

Brent said...

I'm glad to be of service. I was telling Josh that season 1 is available at target for only $20. I would highly recommend picking it up. A show like this is perfect for DVD viewing because you don't have to wait a week to see what happens.

Josh said...

24 is a great show. I'm still getting to know the characters, but the plot is unreal.

By the way, I resent that American Idol comment! Soul Patrol!!!

Brent said...

Yeah, American Idol rules! It gave us Chris Daughtry as well as Clay Aiken and Kelly Clarkson.

American Idol forever!

Big Shaky said...

I'm sorry, I must be on the wrong blog. I thought this was a heterosexual page.
My bad.