Wednesday, December 13, 2006

CSI: Shortcuts

I think it's pretty safe to say that I enjoy a standard crime drama. I've watched most of them out there at one time or another. CSI, Law and Order, Criminal Minds, you name it. I've watched it. Anyway, one of the cooler storylines to come along in quite some time has been the mini crime scene serial killer on the original CSI. Totally creepy, yet totally captivating. Basically, the mystery killer's calling card is an exact replica of the crime scene he leaves, only on a micro scale. Pretty cool if you ask me. They can't mess up such a great storyline can they?

Can they?

Of course they can.

In what is becoming the most annoying trend on any crime show, the CSI writers reverted to the old "blow up a crappy picture on a computer, filter it, and voila, there's our guy" trick. It was comical at best. They even showed them hooking up some kind of HD camera filter or whatever. What a crock. They need to get more creative on these shows.

1 comment:

Josh said...

I love it! Just like the grainy surveillance video being zoomed-in and "enhanced" to the point you can read the years on quarters. Very real!