Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Football Weekly

I was going to write about the Griefs, but I'm going to let Josh do it this afternoon since he really hasn't been pulling his weight lately.
Last night the Colts dismantled the Bengles. Peyton Manning looked like a machine. Marvin Harrison was nothing short of amazing. He has got to be one of the best to ever play the game. I thought the Bengles were going to give a little better performance than they did last night. Chad Johnson stepped on his pee pee. I saw him drop 2 passes last night in pretty critical situations. That's not how legends are made. I like him, and I think he's great, but as a professional receiver, if that ball even touches those mits, you've got to come down with it.
Chiefs were horrible.
T.O. got fined $35,000 for spitting in the face of Deangelo of the Falcons Saturday night. I think that's crap. He has that around his neck. They should suspend a man for disrepecting another man like that. If a man spits in my face, I don't care who's around or what the venue is, there's gonna be a fight. He needs to be out at least 2 games.
I can't believe the Chiefs' defense just gave up like that.
The NFC sucks!!! There are still 4 teams that are 6-8 that are mathmatically still in the hunt for the playoffs! Are you kidding me? San Fransisco has a shot? Is that some kind of mercy rule or what? The Bears will be in the Super Bowl, no doubt. When Jeff Garcia is 4-1 as a backup, you know your league is terrible.
I'm Sorry, but Trent Green looks shell-shocked, and who can blame him with that offensive line!
Thursday night, Packers and Vikings on NFL Network. I'm pretty jacked about this one. I don't care how old he is or what their record is, Brett Favre and the Pack in December, at the frozen tundra......damn near unbeatable. Pack by 10.
Do you know that Titans are actually ahead of the Chiefs in standings? So are the Steelers?
Bears and Colts in the Super Bowl. If Mike Brown and Tank Johnson are back, Bears win. If not, Colts dominate offensively.
That's my story.
Hippies.

3 comments:

Brent said...

I just wanted to add that thanks to the 40 point fantasy football bomb dropped by Peyton Manning last week, I am now in the championship game of our fantasy league here at work. I was trailing by 30 points heading into the game last night.

On a related note, Josh finished tied for dead last in our league.

Big Shaky said...

Bless his heart, he tries.

Josh said...

Screw you both! I'm not pulling my weight? Sorry I wasn't able to come up with the gripping hyphenated-name column. And yes, I was tied for last - TIED! That means I wasn't dead last, and I'll take it.

By the way, Colts won't make the Super Bowl. It'll be the Chargers and Bears. I think my legendary pick 'em skills can speak for themselves.