Saturday, December 02, 2006

Real World: Denver - Airdate 11/29/06

Episode 2 of the new Real World season centered around the love triangle of Colie, Jenn and Alex. The other four members of the house were clearly an afterthought here, and deservedly so. Colie turned in another spectacular performance this week. Let's examine what happened.

- Jenn and Alex have sex, and Jenn is concerned that she's being a whore. Ya think?

- Colie and Jenn have a heart to heart, they both start crying, and they have the inevitable "girl power" revelation, whereby they band together, seemingly against Alex from now on. I have to mention here that they flip back and forth between shots of Jenn doing her confessionals, and Jenn fresh out of the shower, brushing her teeth. The non-make up Jenn looks drastically different than the I-just-spent-three-hours-in-front-of-the-mirror Jenn. Not that either one is all that attractive...I'm just saying, the difference is alarming.

- Colie then proceeds to bring home a random guy from the bar to make Alex jealous. What does she think she's doing here? The guy obviously just wants to sleep with as many girls as he can. What good is this going to do? Obviously, Colie is crazy...or maybe just stupid. Both? Anyway, she makes out with this guy for a bit, and then makes a pact with Alex...they're not going to make out with anyone else for 24 hours.

- The next morning, Alex claims the drunk guy defense. He was drunk last night and apparently he's a different person when he drinks. What a bunch of BS. This reminds me of the Real World: Philly season where Landon would claim he blacked out for hours on end when he got really sloshed. Does this really happen to anyone? I mean sure, you get drunk and do stupid things sometimes, but to completely forget everything or just deny any responsibility for your actions when you're drinking...come on! It's just depressing when people don't take ownership for what they do. I feel like Dr. Phil right now.

We leave this episode without having really resolved much of anything, plus I think I just shaved about 20 points of my IQ. Not bad for a half hour on a Saturday afternoon.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I watched this episode and also felt dumber after it ended. I think somebody needs to remind these girls that people are actually watching. Anyway, I am psyched for next week's episode! It looks like gay-guy and angry black man get into a fight. Gripping television!!!

Brent said...

I really wish we could rename Tyrie and just call him Lysol. We're sitting on a virtual comedy goldmine here.