Monday, December 04, 2006

Two, Two, Two Posts in One!

We got a wild hair this weekend and rented a few movies. I was rather excited because we haven't seen one (at home or the theater) in a while. With a two year old and a pregnant wife, well, Matt knows what I'm talking about and Brent will soon find out. Anyway, here's what I saw:

You Me And Dupree. I had high hopes for this one because I'm a big Owen Wilson fan. Unfortunately, I found out that I'm not a big Matt Dillon fan. This movie was O.K. from start to finish. Some funny parts, but nothing really memorable. Wilson plays Dupree, the screw up best friend that can't seem to get his life in order. Dillon plays the young up-start who marries his boss's daughter, Kate Hudson. Sidebar - Kate Hudson is stupid hot. But I digress. The antics didn't add up to the humor I expected and I give it a C+ overall.

The Break Up. This one was for the wife, but I do like Vince Vaughn too. It was about him and Jennifer Aniston getting together and buying a condo after starting a relationship. Then they break up and neither one is willing to give up the sweet pad in downtown Chicago. This one also had its moments with some of Vaughn's signature rants, but was another overall disappointment. The major bright spot in this one was a full 2-second shot of Aniston's bare booty. Even with that, I can only give it a C.

I just realized that I may have combined two movies with the cast of Wedding Crashers, possibly in hopes that both of them combined could equal that movie's hilarity. They didn't even come close. But I am still upbeat because Talledega Nights comes out next week. I never did see it and I'm pretty sure that one can't miss. Considering my previous crappy movie trifecta and this weekend's mediocrity, I'm in need of a solid flick.

3 comments:

Brent said...

Patience, grasshopper. As you said, Talladega Nights is on the way, and Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest comes out tomorrow. Also, check out the Da Vinci Code. Those movies, along with Slevin, should tide you over and make you forget about all the crappy movies you've rented.

Big Shaky said...

You CAN NOT go wrong with Talladega Nights. Ricky Bobby is freakin' hilarious. I laughed so hard I cried. A true Will Farrell classic. I know your sense of humor, and I highly recommend picking up Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector. It's full of goofy one-liners and off-color fart humor. Just like I like it! You get those 2 movies and watch them back-to-back.....it will change your life!

Josh said...

Brent was right - Slevin was a solid flick. Definitely started my crappy movie trend back in the right direction.