Monday, November 06, 2006

The Anti-Hero

Oh Tom. Why hast thou forsaken me, Tom?! I can't believe what I saw last night on Sunday Night Football. Just a few days after I sung his praises and said what a great, clutch quarterback he is, Tom Brady crapped in his hat. Not just any crap, this was a huge steaming load!

Last week (against the Vikings, mind you) he went off for 372 yards and 4 touchdowns. This equated to over 40 fantasy points for me. You can tell how happy I was to see this by my previous post ("My Hero"). I had the choice between starting him or Favre this week, which was a no-brainer because of last week's show. This is the confindence booster he needed, right? Isn't he going to go crazy and start performing like the 3-ring QB he once was? Wrong. Not just wrong - emphatically W-R-O-N-G! Last night, against the best-team-in-the-league Colts, Brady went for 201 yards and 4 interceptions, which equated to 3.35 fantasy points. Can we have a more perfectly opposite performance than this??? He looked completely lost, and now, so is my fantasy season. At 3-6 with just a few weeks left, the playoffs are mathematically impossible for me now. I am the KC Royals of fantasy football. Thanks Tom, thanks a lot.

1 comment:

Brent said...

Don't forget that Brady's ineptitude ruined any chance you had a tie in our picks this week. You owe me a lunch sucka!