Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Best Show Nobody on This Blog Watches

Ok if I have to read another political diatribe, I'm going to jab a fork in my eye. Enough already. Getting back into the spirit of what I originally intended this blog to be, I'd like to discuss one of my favorite shows on TV. Even though it has great ratings, I don't know anyone who watches it at work.

That show is House, MD. It's on Fox Tuesdays at 8 pm Central Time.

Everyone I know gets all wrapped up in Grey's Anatomy, which is a great show in its own right. ER is still pretty popular too, although I have no idea why. House is probably better than either of them. Essentially, it's CSI in a hospital. Each week, cranky Dr. House, played wonderfully by Hugh Laurie, and his team of colleagues are confronted with some kind of mystery disease. Their job is to diagnose and treat their patients and send them on their merry way. But it's so much more than that. House is pretty cranky to say the least. He's not afraid to be a dick to anybody. He walks with a limp thanks to a dead thigh muscle and will say anything to anyone. You can't help but love the guy. He constantly belittles his staff because he's convinced he's smarter than everyone, including his best-bud cancer doctor, and Cuddy, the HBIC at the hospital. There are countless laugh out loud moments provided by House (both the doctor and the show) each week.

Even better, and maybe the biggest reason to start watching, is that there is no continuing storyline that you need to understand to enjoy the show. Sure, you might catch some of the more subtle things if you catch the show every week, but it's very enjoyable even if you sit down to watch without ever having seen it before. If you're not already watching, check it out. It's definitely worth your time.

Overall show rating: 9 out of 10

1 comment:

Big Shaky said...

I agree. Though I don't get to see much this season, House is a great show. He's just enough of a jerk, but cares just enough. I give it a 9 out of 10 as well.