Sunday, November 12, 2006

Movie Review - Saw III

Friday night, I saw the third movie in the "Saw" series. To sum up the first to movies in two sentences, there is a demented guy out there named Jigsaw, who creates these twisted game for people to play. If they can't succeed at their game, such as being forced to unlock a bear trap around their head by digging the key out of someone's stomach, it's game over and they're dead. Sounds pretty gory right? Yes, it is. In fact, Saw III had some moments that almost made me gag.

In Saw III, Jigsaw is dying. His lady accomplice has set up a game for a female doctor to save his life. There is also another guy that has to play a series of games, and his role is somewhat of a mystery until you get to the end of the movie.

I have to say, I wasn't expecting much when I sat down for this movie. I figured that like 99% of most trilogies out there, it would be total crap. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how good the movie was. It tied into the first two movies very well, and there was more than enough gore/shock moments so everyone got their money's worth. It's not going to win an Oscar, or even come close for that matter, but it was still quality entertainment.

Rating: 7 out of 10

3 comments:

Josh said...

I'll have to take your word for it - too scary for me. I can't watch horror movies anymore. The special effects now make it way too real looking. I want my mommy...

Brent said...

There were some totally outrageous moments. I looked away from the screen numerous times, and this type of stuff doesn't normally bother me.

Big Shaky said...

you used the words "pleasently surprised" about a cut-'em-up butcher movie. that's awesome.