Friday, November 17, 2006

Week 11 NFL Picks

Oakland at Kansas City (-9.5)
Josh: ok, ok let's do this
Brent: why are the chiefs always first on the list?
Josh: first one is chiefs (-9.5) over the raiders. you go first
Brent: It's like this site was made specifically for us
Josh: they want our money for sure
Brent: I'm torn on this one, hang on
Brent: Ok, here's what I think. Green will be a little rusty, and we may have a ballgame in the first half...but too much Arrowhead. Chiefs cover
Brent: I'm smelling a huge day out of the secondary
Josh: already disagree. chiefs have a TON of injuries this week, so the Raiders will cover. I still think the chiefs will win, but not by that many

Indianapolis (-1) at Dallas
Brent: Colts favored by one in Dallas. You're up
Josh: Dallas' secondary is terrible, so manning will have another big day. Indy covers
Brent: Yeah, and I'm not still sold on Romo. It just seems to me like Indy's scare was last week. It won't be close this week. Indy wins going away.

Cincinnati at New Orleans (-3)
Josh: saints favored by 3 at home vs. the bungles. go
Brent: Bengals just look like a mess right now. They have some O, but so does New Orleans. I like the Saints, but I don't feel very confident.
Josh: i agree. cincinnati looks like there old selves (except for ocho cinco). Saints cover at home
Brent: ocho cinco. I loved that. I hate the NFL sometimes

Pittsburgh (-3) at Cleveland
Brent: Steelers are a road favorite at Cleveland, spread is 3
Josh: browns played out of their shorts at atlanta last week. Steelers cover this week and big ben has a big day
Brent: I thought you would say that. It's a division game, good rivalry, so I'm going to go with the Browns here. What the heck. My instinct is usually wrong, so I'm going "Costanza" on this pick.
Josh: it's not that big of a reach this year

Tennessee at Philadelphia (-13)
Brent: Next we have Philly favored by 13 at home vs. Tennessee.
Brent: I pick Philly wrong every week. Tennessee really crapped the game last week vs. Baltimore away, so I think Philly takes care of business again. Although I hate picking them because they absolutely demolished Washington last week.
Josh: i can't make myself choose the titans. ever. Philly covers and vince young struggles mightily

Atlanta at Baltimore (-4)
Josh: next is ravens favored by 4 at home vs. the falcons
Brent: you're up
Josh: i still can't believe that ATL lost to the browns at home last week. I don't think they recover and vick never plays well against the ravens' D. Ravens cover
Brent: I think it's dumb, but I'm going to go with the Falcons. Every ounce of logic says I should take the Ravens, but I'm not doing it. Falcons baby!
Josh: if you want to give me $10, just go ahead
Brent: Lunch is on you this week, don't you worry

St. Louis at Carolina (-6.5)
Brent: Panthers favored by 6.5 at home vs. the rams
Josh: go
Brent: Rams did me right this week, and they will do it this week. The Panthers D is great, but the Rams O is pretty good too. That's all I can come up with.
Josh: ok, i'll go with the home team this week. Bolger can't handle panther's pressure and turns the ball over too much. Carolina covers
Brent: Lots of disagreement this week. Are you making your own picks?
Josh: yessir
Josh: win big or lose big

Buffalo at Houston (-2.5)
Brent: Here's a truly shocking moment...Houston is actually favored by 2.5 at home vs. Buffalo
Brent: Shocking that they are actually favored. But I guess Buffalo is god awful.
Josh: this one is a crapper and the only thing I can think of is home field advantage. Texans cover
Brent: McGahee is out, I think. I guess I'll go with the Texans. I'm thinking of starting their tight end this week, so I hope he has a big day. Dallas Clark has been a bust.
Josh: tight ends in general have been pretty quiet this year
Brent: Amen to that. Unless you're playing a WR at TE like the New Orleans guy. What a load of crap.
Josh: i'm still pissed about that too
Brent: Was he a tight end at first, or was he so obscure that Yahoo labeled him incorrectly?
Josh: i have no idea - never heard of him before the season started
Brent: He's a rookie out of Hostra...7th rounder, and he's leading the league in receiving yards.
Josh: stupid

New England (-6) at Green Bay
Brent: Anyway, Pats favored by 6 on the road at Green Bay, my turn
Brent: I'll go with New England here. They just seem due for a bounce back week.
Brent: They won't lay three stinkers in a row
Josh: i'm sick of them and tired of depending on them for fantasy points. favre starts ahead of brady on my team this week and the Pack covers. write it down
Josh: oh, i just did
Josh: nevermind
Brent: Haha

Washington at Tampa (-3)
Brent: The game of the week is next
Josh: r u kidding???
Brent: It's a playoff rematch!
Josh: who cares! they
Josh: are both garbage
Brent: well I'm not arguing with that. Tampa is favored by 3 at home. Thoughts?
Josh: this is another one where i gotta go with the home team. campbell starts for the skins, so barber will have about 8 picks. Bucs cover
Brent: Yeah, go Bucs. Did you know Portis is on IR? I guess they have Duckett, but still.
Josh: yeah, they're done
Brent: There may not be 100 yards of offense combined between the 2 teams

Chicago (-7) at New York Jets
Brent: Bears favored by 7 at Jets
Josh: go
Brent: The Bears are just too tough. I can't pick against them until they really crap one away. Miami is better than people realize, so I dont't think it was necessarily a bad loss for them.
Josh: how do the jets keep winning??? no running back, average qb (at best) and so-so defense. too much chi-town on this one. Bears cover with ditka flying the team plane
Brent: Ditka flying the plane. I like that.
Josh: it's for good luck
Josh: berrian's out this week, which hurts (me)
Brent: By the way, I almost spit food all over myself during the Kelly/Jim bit on the office tonight.
Josh: it was great. that show never disappoints

Minnesota at Miami (-3)
Brent: Dolphins by 3 at home vs Vikings. Go!
Josh: i gotta go with the fins. they have been really hot and i can only hope that ronnie brown scores touchdowns. Dolphins cover
Brent: I can't find a single reason to take the Vikings here, so they sound like a pretty good pick to me. I'll go with them. Like I said, it's opposite week.
Josh: ridiculous

Detroit at Arizona (-2)
Josh: cards by 2 at home over the lions. your turn
Brent: Ridiculous will be the steak dinner you'll owe me next week. Which day are we doing lunch?
Josh: monday. oh yeah, well you suck
Brent: Why the heck are the Cards favored? Oh right, because Detroit is bad enough to lose at home to Frisco. Well let's see, if I had a dartboard, I would just use that. Detroit.
Josh: i actually had this one as my upset, believe it or not. i'll go with Detroit too

San Diego at Denver (-2)
Josh: now this one is the game of the week...
Brent: Real ballsy upset pick
Josh: thanks, i gotta go out on a limb sometimes
Brent: I'm glad you put yourself out there
Brent: And yes, this is the game of the week, without question.
Josh: broncos favored by 2 at home vs. the bolts. Chargers are too much for everything lately. i'll take them in the road upset
Brent: I was typing a Chargers win, but I'm switching to Denver. Phillip Rivers, welcome to Mile High. In-com-plete. Broncos. I just threw up in my mouth.
Josh: what is wrong with you this week. you need your head checked
Brent: By the way, the most annoying sports cliche for me nowadays is everyone being labeled a competitor. Isn't everyone out there a competitor?
Brent: Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Josh: tell that to randy moss

New York Giants at Jacksonville (-3.5)
Brent: And to finish it up, we've got the Jags favored by 3.5 at home against NYG. Since the Jags dicked me over last week, I'm going with the Giants out of spite.
Josh: me too. jags have been too disappointing this year. Giants cover
Josh: there you have it. by the way, the tenacious d movie sneak preview is on MTV. check it out
Brent: Hey I have a proposal...
Josh: yes???
Brent: since Monday's game can't decide lunch, I say we pick the Mizzou/Iowa State game instead.
Brent: Unless you're not man enough of course.
Josh: 'cause you want to go with iowa state right? i'll take Mizzou in that case
Josh: i'm not man enough, but i'll do it anyway
Brent: Yeah what was I thinking? Mizzou....Iowa State has gotten thumped by Kansas and Colorado, no thanks
Brent: I'll get this posted later. I have to go vacuum.
Josh: later

4 comments:

Brent said...

By the way, Josh blew it and missed the Seattle/San Francisco game.

Josh said...

It matters not! Josh takes another week - that makes 2 in a row! Actually, my wife beat him last week, but now that I did too, I can talk a little smack. But just a little...

Brent said...

An awful, disgusting week for my picks. I'm officially reeling. I need to create a tab.

Big Shaky said...

No, I think you just need to take Josh AND I out to lunch and that will make it even.