Tuesday, November 28, 2006

MNF

I was watching Monday Night Football last night, as I always do, and a few thoughts went through my feeble little mind.
I hate Joe Theisman and Tony Corn-hole-ser. Theisman talks like he's the greatest QB to ever play the game. Corn-hole-ser is just a douche-bag. How the hell did he get a gig like that? Whatever.
I am mesmerized by football games that are played in the snow. I love it. I think it truly makes players have to be better than usual. Obviously, neither team played well, but the Seahawks had a better second half than the Pack.
Finally, I can't get enough of watching Brett Favre. I know he's eratic. I know he just throws the ball up on a prayer sometimes, but that boy's got guts. I don't think there's a tougher player in the league right now. 252 straight games? You've gotta be kidding me! He's a machine! I know he needs to retire, if for no other reason than to preserve his quality of life after football. I'm not a big Packers fan, but it will be a sad day for me when he calls it quits.
I always wonder what it's like to be on his team. Do his teammates know that they are playing with one of the best QB's in NFL history? Do they look at him as a coach on the field? Does a coach really have anything to tell him that he doesn't already know? Hmmm......provocative. But the same could have been said when Montana was here in KC. Or, dare I say, when Elway was in his last couple of years.
Things that make you go......., "What the hell was he thinking?"

No comments: