Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Friday Night Lights Ramblings

Just so you know, dinner tonight consisted of three cheesy gordita crunches from Taco Bell and a bowl of chili from Wendy's. And yes, I've gained 6 pounds in the last month. I actually thought it would be more. Anyway, the cheesy gordita crunch is the best thing on Taco Bell's menu, and it isn't even close...but I digress. On to the show.

Some random things that popped into my head while watching....

-How about the Al Bundy clone that used to be Dillon's star QB? When he was revealing to Coach Taylor that he doesn't run an insurance agency, I was really hoping that he'd say he was a shoe salesman. How did they miss that?

-Jason Street's mother must be really out of whack from her son's injury. She said it had been two months since Jason got hurt, which was much too soon for him to come back and be on the field with his teammates. Two months??? Dillon has played a total of 4 games. I'm no mathematician, but that's impossible. It had been like three weeks. But hey, who's counting?

-Great idea for Riggins's brother and Tyra to organize an alternative homecoming party...complete with strippers and literally a boatload of booze. 20+ kegs, are you kidding me? Now, I attended some pretty crappy parties in college, plenty of them in fact, but there were some good ones in there as well. More than 20 kegs is a TON of booze, especially when you factor in all the other liquor they bought. At the end of the show, they said they made $4,800 before tips, so let's call it an even $5,000. I'm pretty sure they said 20 bucks/person entry, so that comes out to 250 peoplle...1 keg for every 12.5 people. And just think, that's just the cash from the party. So to pay off 20 kegs at what, $60 apiece for piss in a keg, plus strippers, they pocketed only a couple grand. This really isn't a big deal, but I was perplexed by the amount of booze at that party.

-I had a real issue with Smash's storyline, and after the ending, I have an even bigger issue with his story. Has anyone ever explained the recruiting process to this kid? Let's pretend the scout guy worked for Rivals.com, the premier recruiting service in the nation. They look at multiple seasons worth of game film to make their rankings. One game isn't going to change their ideas, especially if Smash's 40, bench and squat are as good as he says they are. Whatever. I guess the kid is just an idiot, which is further proven by his shooting up. Ugh.

-Lyla Garrity looking scandalous yet again. I'm starting to look forward to this every week. Of course, I can say that now that we've verified that she's 26.

-Riggins drying out, only to become the star of the game. Definitely didn't see that coming. But I have to admit, GREAT song choice for his little montage to put Dillon ahead. They couldn't have picked a better song.

-I can't wait until Saracen scores with Taylor's daughter. That will probably be the highlight of the season for me. He'd probably apologize for giving the girl an orgasm.

Can't wait until next week.

2 comments:

Josh said...

In regards to the booze-for-the-party thing, how about the liquor store that they went to?! It was a BARN that was converted to a liquor store. Just pull the truck in, load up (no questions asked, apparently) and pull out. Instant party! Also, why was I not shocked by the fact that slutty blonde girl's sister is a stripper. Didn't see that one coming...

Brent said...

I thought they were unloading at the barn, which was the location of the party.

And yeah, no surprise on Tyra's sister being a stripper. The mother is probably a strung out heroin addict or alcoholic, which would explain her attraction to Riggins I guess.