Thursday, November 09, 2006

Week 10 NFL Picks

Witty Banter to start Josh vs. Brent (-1)
Josh: what up!
Brent: I'm ready to get another @
Brent: W
Josh: you sure you don't want an @
Brent: I started last week, so you're up first
Brent: shut up
Brent: I can't begin to say how disappointed I am with the lack of replies to my power rankings

Kansas City (-1) at Miami
Brent: Chiefs favored by one on the road at Miami
Josh: Ok, Chiefs at Miami, Chefs -1. How are is KC only favored by 1??? Amber takes the Chiefs.
Brent: Oh yeah, I forgot, you're not doing your picks
Brent: So the line essentially asks if the Dolphins can win. Screw it, I say no. You've converted me to a believer.
Brent: Kansas City

Houston at Jacksonville (-10.5)
Josh: Deal. Texans at Jags (-10.5). Go.
Brent: Wow, this is the "been there, done that" game of the week. Remember a few weeks ago when Jax had pretty much this same line, and then got killed? They get revenge this time. Jags in a romp.
Josh: Amber says that the Jags cover too. Man she's good
Brent: 2 agreements so far. what are we betting on this week?
Josh: double or nothing. you win, i pay you $20. Amber wins, we're even
Brent: deal
Brent: just like candy from a baby

San Diego (-1.5) at Cincinnati
Brent: Bolts at Bengals, SD favored by a point and a half...go!
Josh: hang on
Josh: We're back. Amber takes the Bolts to cover. LT runs wild
Brent: I knew you'd take that one. Cincy bounces back against SD this week. Mark it down.

Baltimore (-7) at Tennessee
Brent: Let's see, Ravens favored by 7 on the road against Tennessee
Brent: I'm going upset special here. Titans in the upset. I can't believe I said it...it's like I want to give you your money back or something
Josh: yep
Josh: What a slug! Ravens run away with it. Are you feeling ok?
Brent: you're doubting my picking ability? Whose wife is calling the shots here? That's what I thought.

Buffalo at Indianapolis (-12.5)
Josh: Next is my turn Bills at Colts (-12.5)
Brent: Colts favored by 12.5 at home against the bills!
Josh: Amber says Colts cover easy. Colts D is suspect, but they'll take care of J-Loss.
Brent: Yeah, no McGahee for the Bills. Colts in a romp this week. This one's over at the half.

New Orleans at Pittsburgh (-4.5)
Brent: I guess that means my turn for Saints GETTING 4.5 on the road at the Steelers. Is there something going on here that I'm not aware of? New Orleans is my pick.
Josh: I don't know. I was thinking the same thing. Cowher benched Ike Taylor this week...who cares??? He should have benched Ben - Saints win.

Washington at Philadelphia (-7)
Josh: Next is Eagles (-7) at home vs. the Skins. My turn
Brent: I feel like you're looking at my cheat sheet or something. stop picking my teams
Josh: It's not me!!! Skins barely beat the hapless Boys last week. Amber takes Philly at home to cover.
Brent: Philly is playing like poopy lately. Spread is too big here. Portis gives just enough punch for the skins here. Washington in a close game.

Chicago at New York Giants (Even)
Brent: Bears at NYG in a pickem
Brent: my how the mighty have fallen
Josh: No joke. Who you got?
Brent: Da Bears 143-2
Brent: I'm not sold on the Giants O
Josh: Amber says the Bears win. I can't imagine that they lose twice in a row at home. Ditka rushes for 185 and 2 tds
Brent: Bears are on the road though
Josh: good call. They still win
Brent: ok, so we're both going bears.

Green Bay at Minnesota (-5.5)
Brent: Vikes favored by 5.5 at home vs Favre and the Pack...your turn
Josh: This is Amber's upset special. Pack wins.
Brent: Good pick. Favre always plays terribly in domes, especially at Minnesota. Minny covers
Josh: "whatever"
Brent: awesome

New York Jets at New England (-10.5)
Brent: Pats favored by 10.5 at home against the Jets
Josh: for the record I did not say that, Josh came up that on his own...
Brent: right
Brent: I think someone is getting their man card taken away
Brent: This is a lot of points, and it's a division game. Pats will win the game, but not by 10.5
Brent: J-E-T-S
Josh: Wait your turn!!! Amber says the same - too many points. Jets cover.
Josh: And for the stinker of the week...

San Francisco at Detroit (-6)
Josh: 49ers at Lions (-6). Hang on, the pregnant lady had to pee
Josh: Another upset. Amber says Frisco will cover
Brent: I like the Lions here. We've seen SF's best effort of the season. I just wonder how many yards Roy Williams will get. He's a stud.

Denver (-9) at Oakland
Brent: Denver favored by 9 on the road at Oakland
Josh: Amber says, "Raiders are pretty sucky, honey." She takes the Broncos to cover.
Brent: I think Oakland has showed that they can't score. Denver's D is too tough, and Denver covers the spread, even at the black hole, or whatever they call themselves
Brent: you went out of order
Josh: so shoot me

St. Louis at Seattle (-3)
Brent: you're up for Seahawks favored by 3 at home vs. St. Louis
Josh: Home field along wins it here. Seattle covers.
Josh: So says Amber
Brent: No way. They were terrible against the Chiefs and played against a minor league team last week. St. Louis baby!
Josh: what a homer
Brent: what are you talking about? I never lived there while the Rams were there
Josh: you still love the "loo"
Josh: yeah, i meant to spell it that way
Brent: whatever, you're just pissed that you're going to be down another $10

Dallas (-7) at Arizona
Brent: Cowboys favored by 7 in the desert
Brent: I'll take the Cowboys to cover this one. Tough loss for them last week, and they will rebound.
Josh: I hate the cowboys the longer we live down here. Amber takes the Boys to cover too.
Brent: And you're calling me a homer?

Tampa Bay at Carolina (-9.5)
Brent: Last up is Panthers at home on Monday night favored by 9.5
Brent: against Tampa Bay
Brent: poor ESPN, two stinkers in a row
Josh: Amber says that it's too many points. Bucs cover
Brent: She stole my thunder again. She's right. Maybe she should make your picks every week.
Brent: Tampa Bay
Josh: We'll see, she just may...
Brent: I'm predicting a strong week out of both of us. I guess that's it. I'll get these bad boys posted.

5 comments:

Big Shaky said...

My wife Gina is picking too. She says Cat Cora is going to win the next battle in Kitchen Stadium on Iron Chef America. She's good.

Josh said...

By the way, we missed a game. Falcons (-7) at home vs. the Browns. It turns out that everybody would've chosen the Falcons anyway, so it was a push. It was Brent's fault.

Brent said...

Josh must have overlooked it because he was constantly having to consult his wife for advice. I guess I have no excuse.

Josh said...

Don't hate. You're just pissed because your going to have to give up your free lunch from losing to my wife.

Brent said...

Actually, it appears that I am. Awful, awful week.