Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Decision '06

I'm not going to lie to you. I am nervous.
Election time is a love/hate thing for me. I love politics. I love what they are about. I love what they represent, well, originally. Last night on my way home, I saw my state representative for my district on the side of a busy street with a couple of his supporters holding a sign and waving to people, encourageing them to hit the booths today. I stopped, parked my car and walked over to him, just to say thanks. I think in all the mud slinging and all the name calling, we foget that there are still some great people that really do have us in mind when they run for office. I want to say thanks to Will Kraus, Jim Talent, Matt Bartle, Bob Gough. These men, win or lose, take a great deal of time out of their lives, to try to make yours and mine better. I have met and talked extensively to two of them. They are truly good people. I really do appreciate what they are trying to accomplish.

Now, on the flip-side......
Clair McCaskill, Chris Moreno, Mike Sanders, Ike Skelton. These are the ones who enjoy bringing in their personal agendas to build a political legacy for themselves. A legacy, mind you, that is not necessarily the best for us, but what is best for them in their ploy to help take over governmental control. These are the future John Kerry's, Hillary Clinton's, and Nancy Pelosi's. of the world. Cut them off now. Don't let them get that start. Family values are already at an all time low. The divorce rate now exceeds the successful marriage rate. We've made a mockery of marriage by letting destroy the sacred covenant between a man and a woman. We've taken church and God away from everything. If the democrats get control, these things will get even worse. They don't care about these things. They have their own marks on society they want to push, after that, who cares.
Did you know that Russia believed that we were always too strong of a nation to destroy. They always knew that. In fact Gorbachev actually said that he knew the only way to destroy America was from the inside. Make us destroy ourselves. Take our own guns away, and become divided. He said he was never able to do that because of Ronald Reagan.
Now look at us. A divided nation filled with hate, animosity, and secret hidden agendas, and possible on the verge of losing our only means of self defense from our own corrupt government if the left gets a hold of it.
I still have faith though. I believe that the American people as a whole still have faith in this great land. I believe that the conservatives will come out victorious tonight. I believe the laft has done enough to shoot themselves in the foot latley that America can see through the pablum that spews from their mouths.
Come on America, make me proud!!!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Every Tuesday when I'm driving home, I come down Ward Parkway at 63rd Street, and there's this guy there with a really thick beard, one of those cheesy Uncle Sam hats, and he is always carrying a sign that says "I want YOU to honk for peace!". What a load of crap. Guys like this have pretty short memories don't they? Do they even realize why we are at war? Guess not.

I can't help but wonder if this guys has a job. Probably not. Hippie.

Big Shaky said...

I can respect that, all you have to do is compare it to football, nascar, or bull riding and I'll understand what you are talking about. It's like comparing Brent and 10-key.

Brent said...

I'll take that as a compliment