Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pretty Boys

Josh brought up a good point, Randy Moss sucks. I tend to watch receivers quite a bit because I was one my entire playing career. I've seen many great ones play. Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Al Toon, Clayton and Duper. What's with the receivers today? For some reason, it seems that now-a-days, the receiver is the position with the most arrogant jerk-offs in the league. Moss, Owens, Johnson, Horn.
I think the thing that upsets me the most is the fact that it's not about the game anymore. It's about who's got the best Soul Train moves after they score. I'm so sick of seeing these idiots trying to be the best dancer in the league instead of being the best football player. Sports Center doesn't help. As much as I love ESPN, they just egg it on.
I was about 5' 10" and weighed only a buck fitty when I played ball in college. I would have given up a testicle to have the size and athleticism as a Randy Moss or a Terrell Owens. Randy Moss is 6' 5" and runs a 4.3 40. I would have been a king with that kind of size. I don't care if he does play for the worst organization in football. He's still getting paid some serious scratch to catch the ball and score some points. He's a total non-factor now. And he'll never be any good ever again.
T.O. is a freak. He's built like a greek god and is easily the strongest, physically, at his position. I watched him drop 3 passes, 2 weeks in a row. Are you kidding me? He's paid to catch the ball. I want to be paid to catch the ball! He's so caught up in being in the headlines, that football is just an after thought. What a waste.
Marvin Harrison, Tony Gonzales (I know he's a tight end, but a damn good one), Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, did you ever see these guys dance? Were they ever in the news for any other reason but being the best at their position? Nope!
My prediction? T.O. vs. Chad Johnson in Dancing with the Stars in a couple of years. Oh yeah, and Randy Moss will get traded and still suck.

5 comments:

Brent said...

You forgot to mention Keyshawn, who is pretty much responsible for the current situation that you mentioned, but I couldn't agree with this post more. Seriously, WR might as well be changed to PD, for Prima-Donna. I don't know why all these guys think they're so great, especially when completing a pass is the most team-oriented thing in football. You need the line to give the QB time, and QB needs to throw the pass accurately. At best, the receiver accounts for one-third of a pass play. But I digress.

I have to mention here that Steve Smith is essentially your size, and routinely puts up 150 and a TD week after week. And he doesn't even have a great QB throwing to him. The guy is ridiculous. I don't remember him being a star in college, but he sure as hell gets it done week after week. At least I can respect a guy like that. I respect Chad Johnson a little bit, as he at least puts up stats to back up his mouth, and is at least funny most of the time. How can you not love ocho-cinco?

Big Shaky said...

It's true. I do love Mr. Cinco. I just HATE dancing in the end zone. I think he's hilarious, and he is a great receiver. I just wish the celebrations would stop.
Good call on Steve Smith. He's amazing. You know what's funny....everyone says how the position of receiver has evolved and the bigger stronger guys are the way of the future, but the 2 best receivers in football are Steve Smith and Marvin Harrison. The 2 smallest receivers in the league! But they run the best routes I've seen in a long time. That's how you get open. Blazing speed is good, but everyone has that in the NFL. If you run a crisp route, no one can cover you.

Brent said...

For me it depends on the celebration.

TO with a sharpie - dumb
TO with pom-pom's - hilarious
Joe Horn's cell phone - dumb
Randy Moss's moon - hilarious

Josh said...

I think that Marvin Harrison is the best in the league. Granted, he does have Manning (the good one) throwing to him, but he's 170 pounds! And, he puts up the numbers year in, year out. He's my hero.

Did you guys see MNF last night? One of the supreme PD's, Plaxico Burress, pulled off an amazingly wussy move. The DB picked the ball in front of him and he turned around and pushed him like it was 2-hand-touch or something. He must have had a flash-back to one of his sorority pillow fights or something. What a turd!

Big Shaky said...

Good call. He's another one. How can someone play the game of football and not want to hit someone? I was a receiver and special-teamer and relished any opportunity to knock an unsupecting linebacker tits up!