Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My Hero

Let me just say that going into Monday night's game, I was uneasy, to say the least. My fantasy team was reeling at 2-5 and I was a stellar 4-8 with my "weakly" NFL picks here on our beloved blog. To top things off, I was down about 39 points in my fantasy match-up with only Tom Brady and Doug Gabriel going on MNF. Then it happened.

I figured Brady would have a solid game against the Vikes. He's had an average season thus far, but seemed to be getting better each week. Then he absolutely went off on MNF. He started the first drive of the game by going 6 of 6 for 94 yards and a TD (with a 46 yard pass to Gabriel - bonus). At that point I was happy and thought I could have the chance to make the fantasy match-up interesting. But he kept going - pass after pass, yard after yard, TD after TD. Brady ended up with 372 yards and 4 TD's, which equated to a 40 point fantasy night. With Gabriel's 83 yards receiving, I ended up with a 9-point victory.

Tom Brady is now my hero and, if it wasn't for my hopeless Chiefs fanatisism, I would be a Patriots fan. I would like to send kudos out to Mr. Tom Brady for pulling one out for me in the clutch (I really didn't want to lose to a team named "Knights Who Say Ne" - nobody knows what in the hell that means). I am now 3-5, which is ever so much better than 2-6, but I do have the likes of Rosco Parish and Maurice Jones-Drew starting this week (with Ronnie Brown going against the Bears D). I think I'll need about 600 yards and 8 TDs from Brady to cover for those douches. Go Pats!!!

10 comments:

Brent said...

Maurice Jones-Drew can go to hell. I figured Fred Taylor's groin would be my biggest problem with him this season. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

Watch one of the funniest movies of all-time and you will figure out what knights who say ne means. tool.

Anonymous said...

your mother is so stupid, she forgot to put the name of the movie: monty python and the holy grail. see you at thanksgiving.

Josh said...

why would you name your fantasy football team after something in a british comedy? No wonder you're slipping in the standings. hippie.

Brent said...

Monty Python and everything about it sucks. Nuff said.

Anonymous said...

i forgot i was dealing with the people that enjoy fine entertainment such as desperate houswives, homos.

Big Shaky said...

no kidding momma, i agree! you just keep watching the bbc. i bet you love those syndicated shows like mr. belvedere, the pink panther, especially mr. bean. who's the homo? commie.

Josh said...

Yes, British entertainment is the best - A Fish Called Wanda, Best In Show, Benny Hill, Arthur - need I go on???

Anonymous said...

how is "best in show" british? this is just like all of your other arguments on this blog, filled with retarded statements.

Big Shaky said...

well, we always appreciate the retarded input shared by our non-contributors as well. without you retards, we retards wouldn't have anyone reading this retarded blog. take your pill rain man.