Tuesday, October 10, 2006

DVR Catchup

Some quick thoughts after catching up on all the shows I had saved on the DVR.


  • Law and Order - It's been on the air for something like 16 years, so no real surprises. The new cast members are growing on me though. I figured I would probably stop watching this show because of the weaker cast, but after watching episodes 2 and 3 of the new season, I think they're just fine. Overall show rating: 7 out of 10
  • Jericho - I think the idea of this show is a lot better than the actual execution. Skeet Ulrich (or whatever his name is, he was one of the killers in the movie Scream) is ok, and Gerald McRaney is cooler than I thought he would be. At first I couldn't picture him as anything other than "Major Dad," but I think the initial shock is wearing off. Good show, but not a great show. The writers play up the cop from St. Louis a little much. It's not like the guy is an ex-SEAL or anything. He was a freaking cop, probably writing parking tickets when he wasn't stopping for coffee and a doughnut. It's not like he's an expert on weapons of mass destruction and Morse Code. Ok, I better stop before I ruin the enjoyment of the show. Overall show rating: 7.5 out of 10
  • Kidnapped - This officially got the axe from the DVR record list. NBC has already announced that the show is moving to Saturday nights (in favor of more Dateline: Child Molester stories, ugh). They've also announced that the show is done after 13 episodes. If it was the slightest bit interesting, I would probably consider watching it until it wraps up. Since the show sucks, I won't. The only semi-cool character is the Knapp guy, but I don't think they ever really explained what his deal is. I think he's ex-FBI, but I'm not sure. It just seems like they could have done a better job here. Either way, I'm done. Overall show rating: 3 out of 10
  • Six Degrees - Six strangers interacting with each other. Sounds interesting enough, right? Wrong. What a boring show. I can't believe I managed to sit through three episodes. TURD. Overall show rating: 2 out of 10
  • Grey's Anatomy - This is quickly becoming my favorite show, just another indication that I no longer possess a penis. What can I say? The characters are interesting, and there is just enough medical stuff going on to keep it from being a total soap opera. Overall show rating: 10 out of 10

No comments: