Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's Coming....

I have been waiting for this day for quite some time. Today is the 24th of October, which means that the trailer for the 6th season of 24 (the best show on television, by far) debuted online today at www.24trailer.com. I've been anticipating this day for weeks, like a little kid at Christmas.

If you're not familiar with the show, the main character is Jack Bauer, who works for the Counter Terrorist Unit based in Los Angeles. Each season takes place in real time, over the course of 1 day (24 episodes) and Jack is always responsible for saving the day. Each season essentially pits CTU in a race against the clock to stop a terrorist attack. For instance, in season 1, it's discovered that a Senator running for president is an assassination target. In season 2, there's a nuclear bomb threat. Season 3's main story is a bioterrorism threat. In season 4, there are several threats, including the kidnapping of the Secretary of Defense, and a nationwide nuclear meltdown. Season 5's focal point is a nerve gas threat.

Essentially, 24 is responsible for the glut of serial dramas we have on TV today...shows where the story continues episode to episode. Most of the new shows try to replicate the suspense you find on 24, but I haven't seen any that have actually been able to pull it off. Each episode literally leaves me on the edge of my seat at the end. It's actually preferable to watch on DVD, that way you can watch one after the other. Trust me, if you give it chance, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Given the right wing lean that this site seems to have, I can't imagine that my fellow posters would not enjoy this show.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Right wing??? Who?

Big Shaky said...

I resemble that remark!!