Friday, October 20, 2006

Ying and Yang

Before I start......Bill Simmons NLCS game 7 Diary on ESPN.com is hilarious. I highly recommend reading it.
For us lowly Royals fans, it was quite an odd night in baseball. The Ying- Jeff Suppan, who was mediocre at best in KC, is the NLCS MVP. The Yang- Carlos Beltran goes down looking to an 0-2 deuce to completely end the series! Simmons said it best when he said it might possibly have been the most anticlimactic ending in recent history.
Detroit and St. Louie in the show now. Cats vs. Birds. I just want to see Jimmy Leland win another one. He might look closer to dying than any coach since Sparky Anderson.
My hope is that the Tigers can get back into the baseball frame of mind since they've been off for about a month now. Good grief! I agree with Josh, Tigers in 5 if their conditioning is still OK. I love to see those Red Birds lose.

1 comment:

Josh said...

How does a player as good as Beltran go down looking with the bases loaded in an NLCS? It's the most rediculous thing I've ever seen. And will somebody tell Larusa that the games are played at night. I can just see him listening to Cory Hart before the game and saying outloud "I make this baseball thing look good." Ridiculous.