Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Football, Schmootball

I must say to start off that I am one of the biggest football fans out there. I love the game, but it's just too bad that the game hates me. This year's football season is sucking the life out of me, with an emphasis on SUCKING. Let's start with my 2-5 start in fantasy football. Embarrassing. My team is full of underachievers and no-names, and those are the starters. I hate Ronnie Brown. He has really let me down this year. Maybe he should start smoking tree like Ricky. Next time Brent tells me how much he hates his team (in first place, mind you), I'm going to shove a nail in my ear.

Ok, now lets talk about my weekly NFL picks. Actually, from now on they will be known as my "weakly NFL picks." My record so far is well below .500, which is beyond embarrassing. It's just sad. Believe it or not, I have actually won money in the past with my picks. If you've ever seen Two For The Money, I have officially reached the last -30-minutes-of-the-movie-McConaughey status.

Football is my fickled mistress and she's been pretty good to me in the past. This year she is a dirty, dirty tramp.

3 comments:

Big Shaky said...

That was beautiful. Poetic. One of the greatest analogies I think I've ever read. Don't worry, there's always the college basketball season!

Brent said...

My team sucks. I hate my team.

Do it!

Anonymous said...

well at least one person finds you funny.