Saturday, October 07, 2006

Red Eye

My wife rented this movie and I wasn't overly thrilled, to say the least. It just didn't look like a very intriguing plot, but it is a Wes Craven film, so I tried to keep an open mind. I should have closed my mind, along with my eyes, and fell asleep because it was a joke.

The plot is that Lisa (Rachel McAdams) is a hotel manager from Miami that is taking a late flight back home after attending her grandmother's funeral. The head of Homeland Security will be staying at her hotel, so she is on and off the phone making sure that all is well. Her seatmate is a young man that I've never seen on TV or movies before, and I hope to never see him again. He terrorizes her the entire flight because he is part of an assassination plot against the head of Homeland Security and his family. He threatens to kill her father if she does not comply with his demands. I'll leave it at that in case any of you actually feel like wasting $4 and 85 minutes of your lives.

Fact is, Red Eye was predictable and unrealistic in that McAdams could easily whup the scrawny dude playing the bad guy. He threatens and beats her up the entire flight, and nobody else seems to notice! Ridiculous. "Fear takes flight at 30,000 feet," says the DVD case. Actually, Red Eye stunk like a brown eye.

1 comment:

Big Shaky said...

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOUR EVALUATION. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE MORE ABOUT RACHAEL MCADAMS AND HOW HOT SHE IS.......BUT TO NO AVAIL. I WILL SAY I DID LIKE THE STAB IN THE NECK WITH A BIC. THAT WAS A NICE TOUCH. ALTHOUGH THAT LITTLE PENCIL NECK GEEK WOULD HAVE CURLED UP IN A FETAL POSITION AND CRIED LIKE A GIRL INSTEAD OF CONTINUING HIS CHASE. DOESN'T HE KNOW THAT PEOPLE LIKE HIM WILL ALWAYS GET KILLED AT THE END IN A PREDESINED IRONIC MANNER??