Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Act of Treason - A View from the Right


I recently finished reading a book by Vince Flynn, Act of Treason. It is the seventh book in his Mitch Rapp series. Rapp is a CIA operative who essentially seeks out and elimiates terrorist threats the old fashioned way. By assassinating them. I figured this blog would be a good place to discuss this book due to the author's political viewpoints. There is a clip of Flynn on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K5OQi0UdUg) that I was watching the other day. He was on The O'Reilly Factor and he and Bill were discussing the possibility of Vince's books being made into movies some day. He has apparently had a big time movie executive tell him that the stories will never work because they are "more Bush than Bush."

This is not very surprising considering how liberal Hollywood is. God forbid that someone make a movie that portrays Muslims in a negative light. We can't do that, but we can bash the Catholic Church to no end. Flynn has stated that he believes the hesitation in Hollywood is because people are afraid how the Islamic extremists would retailate. I find it pretty ridiculous that there would be any retaliation for a movie. How self absorbed can these guys really be?

Flynn has some pretty strong views about how we should combat the threat of terrorism that looms over us every day. He has stated on several occasions that he is pro torture and that when extremists are publicly stating that they want us to die, we should take them seriously. I agree with him 100%. It's hard to believe we don't have more support in this country for the war on terror. Many people have lost sight of the fact that Islamic extremists still want us dead, by any means. I don't know about you, but that makes me pretty uneasy. What is really sickening to me is how some almost look at them as a sympathetic figure. Mean old Bush is running roughshod over these guys. Woe is them. Just a couple weeks ago, there were dirty bomb threats at various NFL venues. Thankfully it just turned out to be a hoax, but you never know. These guys are crazy. If they're willing to martyr themselves, there isn't a whole lot we can do to defend against it. I don't feel sorry for them one bit.

Getting back to the book, it's great to have hope that there is a guy like Mitch Rapp working behind the scenes for the good guys. He hangs out in the Middle East for weeks on end seeking out and killing these types of guys. Now, I realize that Flynn's writing is just a work of fiction, but surely we have someone out there who is laying it all on the line to do the dirty work. I just wish the poor guy had more support from his own countrymen.

6 comments:

Big Shaky said...

I couldn't have said it better myself!

Anonymous said...

Send that script my way; I’ll make sure it gets made into a movie. I would just need to make a few changes first: 1)instead of a CIA agent we’ll need to make it a rogue catholic priest and 2) instead of him tracking down muslim extremists; he’ll be hunting down jews because they are responsible for all of the world’s wars, plus they killed jesus.

Big Shaky said...

A rogue catholic with a black partner that always says, "I'm getting too old for this s$@#!"

Josh said...

Then they could have the little Pakistani sidekick with a towel on his head that says, "uh-kay" all of the time.

Big Shaky said...

Sweet! We can call it Passion of the Bravehearted Patriot Weapon!

Brent said...

That part about the rogue catholic priest and the partner who says "I'm getting too old for this s$@#!" had me in stitches. Classic!

This may be the first "Hall of Fame" caliber post/comment we've had on this site!