Friday, October 20, 2006

Week 7 NFL Picks

San Diego (-5.5) at Kansas City
Brent: ok...chiefs and chargers up first. Chargers favored by 5.5....thoughts?
Josh: only 5.5? chargers cover easy. i know it's arrowhead, but their D will eat us alive.
Brent: Agreed. This pick is really a no brainer. The Chiefs can't score on anybody. Not even Marty can blow this one.
Jacksonville (-9.5) at Houston
Brent: next up, Jacksonville is a 9.5 point favorite at Houston. I don't think there's any way Jacksonville doesn't cover. It just seems too easy. Houston stinks. But Mario Williams is an impact guy right?
Josh: Riiiiiiight. This one is the "go ahead and bet the farm" pick of the week. Jags cover. Tell Stamper to bet the farm, pumpkins and the cows, baby!
New England (-5) at Buffalo
Brent: Pats favored by 5 at Buffalo. aka the Stamper special
Brent: thoughts?
Josh: Next is the Pats at Bills, Pats +5. I'll take the Pats cause it'll be cold and Brady will wear the gloves
Brent: I'm tempted to take the Bills, and I might if there was three feet of snow on the ground, or if they didn't suck, but I can't go against the Pats. This is actually a big game for them being a division game and all. And they SMOKED Cincy a couple of weeks ago. Don't underestimate them
Pittsburgh (-2.5) at Atlanta
Brent: Steelers by 2.5 over the Falcons is next
Josh: Steelers at Falcons. your turn
Brent: They can't possibly play any better than they did last week vs. the Chiefs. And let's not forget that Atlanta is pretty good still. I like them in this game. This is awful, I've picked a grand total of zero upsets at this point. I hate myself.
Brent: never mind, I just picked an upset. ugh
Josh: Nice move. I was about to be really confused! I'll go with the Steelers by a field goal. I think the Chiefs handed them the confidence builder they needed last week.
Green Bay at Miami (-5)
Josh: OK, the Pack at the Fins. go.
Brent: Dolphins are favored by 5 in this one. What an ugly game. They should bump this one for an extra big 12 game this weekend. Will anyone really want to watch this one? On one hand, you have Miami's inept O going against Green Bay's swiss cheese D. Then you have Brett Favre throwing picks to the Dolphins. I think the Fins win, but not by 5. Lay your money on the Pack!
Josh: I'm with you, the Packers will cover. I just picked up Favre on my fantasy team this week on a trade. Green is supposed to be back healthy too.
Brent: I thought you meant Trent for a second. Ahman is done. Stick a fork in him. Whatever. Eagles by 5 at Tampa Bay
Philadelphia (-5) at Tampa Bay
Brent: go!
Josh: I think the Eagles cover in this one. Gradkowski's gotta come back down to earth soon, right? Eagles D will do the trick
Brent: I think this may actually be the "Bet the Stamper family farm" special of the week. This line is almost too low. Eagles in a romp.
Detroit at NY Jets (-3.5)
Brent: Jets by 3.5 at home against Detroit
Josh: Talk about a stinker! I'll take the Jets with home field (that's the only reason I can think of).
Brent: I just don't trust the Jets. I can't name hardly a single person on their offense other than that Cotchery guy. As much as I hate the Lions, I think Kitna pulls it off.
Josh: he will after I traded him
Brent: And Roy Williams is a stud. I give them a fighting chance.
Carolina at Cincinnati (-3)
Brent: That was quick. Bengals by 3 at home against Carolina. Thoughts?
Josh: This is the game of the week, easily. I think the Bengals were playng out of their shorts early and Carolina's D is ridiculous. I'll take the Panthers
Brent: Will the real Bengals please stand up? They look great and then they go and get killed by New England and lose to freaking Tampa Bay. To me the Panthers are over rated just like they are every other year. And Steve Smith still doesn't seem to be at 100%. The Panthers D is great, yes, but I'll take Cincy with the homefield. Ruuuudiiiiii
Josh: Nope. I bet the Steelers come back and win the division
Denver (-4.5) at Cleveland
Brent: Maybe so, Denver is favored by 4.5 on the road at Cleveland. Yikes.
Brent: This is the Snake special. Denver eeks out a close one and fail to cover. I'll go Cleveland. Denver just can't score on anybody.
Josh: Plummer sucks something terrible, but you just can't score on the Broncos. They cover easily
Washington at Indianapolis (-9)
Josh: Skins at Colts - only 9???
Brent: Chaz Frye will have the game of his life. Mark it down!
Brent: Yeah, what is this, a joke?
Brent: at home even
Brent: Washington lose to the Titans last week.
Josh: Yeah, Colts win with Unitas at QB
Minnesota at Seattle (-6.5)
Brent: Seattle by 6.5 at home vs. the Vikes!
Brent: By the way, the Colts cover with you at QB
Josh: sign me up! Seahawks cover easily at home. Vikings could save a lot of money and embarassment if they just stay home. Brad Johnson, Chester Taylor and no receivers? Not even fair
Josh: By the way - click, clack!!! Is that not the dumbest commercial you've ever seen?
Brent: Something crazy could happen here, especially since the Seahawks can't run the ball. But Hasselbeck looked GREAT against the Rams last week. I think the Seahawks cover, but it won't be a layup. What are you talking about? I don't watch commercials anymore, remember? I need to check the NLCS score.
Arizona (-3) at Oakland
Brent: Now for my personal favorite on the schedule...Cards at Raiders favored by 3
Josh: Ah, the Turd Furgeson Special. I'll take the Cards to cover. I don't think the Raiders will win again, ever. Seriously, who can they possibly beat?
Brent: Endy Chavez had an over the wall, homerun saving catch. Is that the same guy who used to play for the Royals?
Josh: I think. Ridiculous
Brent: They'll beat the Cards! Seriously, mark it down. AZ has a mutiny on their hands after the last two meltdowns. At the very least, they will be looking for a new kicker after this one.
Josh: They won't need a kicker. Boldin goes for 150 and 2 td's and they'll just go for two after touchdowns
NY Giants at Dallas (-3)
Brent: Last on the schedule is Dallas at home, favored by 3 against the Giants. I'll let you close it down since you should be pretty well informed on this one. I say the Giants take it. I can't put any kind of faith into Bledsoe.
Brent: Dallas looked impressive last week, but it doesn't count because it was Houston
Josh: I gotta disagree (damn, does that make me a homer now???). I'll take the Boys to cover at home. I just can't wait to se TO's reaction after every play.
Brent: Unbelievable. NY wins ugly, I'll pick them outright
Josh: by the way, doesn't Jose Valentine need to be starring in some telenovela on Univision
Brent: Yes, La Bella mas falta
Brent: I have no idea what that means.
Brent: and I think we're done!
Josh: Go Chiefs! Just try to make it respectable so I have somthing to cheer for when I come back for the Seattle gaem
Josh: or game
Brent: No kidding. I'm not very optimistic

3 comments:

Big Shaky said...

I think you guys are ready fro Bristol. Bring on the Swami!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice picks...did you get any right?

Brent said...

Final standings for this week:

Josh: 5-7-1
Brent: 6-6-1