Friday, October 27, 2006

Week 8 NFL Picks

Show Recent Messages (F3)

Houston at Tennessee (-3)
Josh: ok. First off is Texans at Titans. Good luck with this one
Brent: Turd bowl 2006. Literally the two worst teams in the NFL
Brent: Titans favored by 3 at home, so essentially it's a push on an neutral field
Josh: no lie, titans by 3 at home. I'll take houston
Brent: I'm with you, Texans take it. Their offense is actually not terrible, which is a step up. And the Titans have nothing.

Jacksonville at Philadelphia (-6.5)
Brent: Next is Jacksonville vs Philly, with Philly favored by 6.5. This is the danger pick of the week.
Josh: how can i possibly get this one right. I gotta take philly at home
Brent: Boy, this is tough. Jacksonville has to play better this week, because they can't possbily be any worse. And TB gave Philly a lot of problems. Jacksonville and their defense rebound this week. The Jags cover.
Josh: Jax can't recover from the embarassment. McNab plays better this week too

Atlanta at Cincinnati (-3.5)
Brent: Falcons at Bengals, Cincy favored by 3.5
Josh: Another one that's essentially a push. I gotta go with the home team again. Sin-cinnati covers. Plus, chad johnson said so
Brent: The Bungles seem to have taken a step back this year. The Falcons are actually decent. Cincy may win, but the Falcons will cover the 3.5 point spread. mark it down.

San Francisco at Chicago (-16)
Brent: 49ers at Chicago, with Bears favored by a whopping 16
Josh: Bears cover. Smith gets flat runned over this week
Brent: The Chiefs are a .500 team, and they destroyed San Fran. The Bears will cover on this one, especially after the scare they had vs. Arizona. The home cookin' is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Arizona at Green Bay (-4)
Brent: Pack at home, favored by 4 over Arizona.
Josh: Pack wins and covers. AZ is a cluster f@&# right now
Brent: Yeah, Pack is showing signs of life. At Lambeau, I think they cover. But I think there's a good chance Leinhart has a great game.
Josh: Pack's gotta beat them if the raiders did. Leinhart has a decent game, but not enough
Brent: By the way, I may need some help. If we end up having a boy, my wife keeps mentioning the name "Everett"...I need some good names, pronto.
Josh: ouch

Seattle at Kansas City (-6)
Brent: Chiefs, 6 point favorites at home vs. Seattle
Brent: I'll go first. Seattle's decimated with injuries, and KC's proved that they're good at home. Chiefs cover and the Arrowhead faithful goes home happy.
Josh: KC by a touchdown, I'll take them to cover

Baltimore at New Orleans (-2)
Brent: This one's interesting, Saints at home favored by 2 against the Baltimore Ravens
Josh: is Mcnair playing
Brent: I think Kyle Boller may be prominently involved, but I have no idea. Even if he does play, there's a good chance he's carrying a clipboard by the 2nd quarter. I'm going to pick New Orleans, too much karma, too much Reggie and Deuce
Josh: agreed.

St. Louis at San Diego (-9.5)
Josh: Rams at Chargers, SD by 9.5. seems kind of steep to me
Brent: Yeah, way steep. Rams cover, unless somebody kneecaps Torry Holt
Josh: chiefs proved they can be scored on. i like the rams

Pittsburgh (-9) at Oakland
Brent: Pittsburgh is favored by 9 at Oakland
Josh: Steelers cover - bet the farm
Josh: You're taking Pitt, I presume?
Brent: I know. Yeah, I'll go Pitt. Oakland sucks

NY Jets at Cleveland (-1.5)
Josh: browns at home over the jets by 1.5. what? how do you pick this one?
Brent: I agree this makes no sense. Jets have to cover that one, right? I don't think the Browns should be favored, ever.
Josh: Frye is out with a concussion. i'll take the jets, too.
Brent: wow, who's their backup? Holcomb?
Josh: it might as well be me. they're terrible

Indianapolis at Denver (-3)
Brent: Broncos are favored by 3 at home vs. Indy. Denver's D is great, no doubt, but Indy is on a roll, Manning in particular. I think they get this one. I'm surprised isn't favored by three to be honest.
Brent: Surprised Indy isn't favored by 3
Josh: I have to agree. I'll take the Colts to cover and win

Dallas at Carolina (-5.5)
Brent: Cowboys are 5.5 point dogs on the road vs. Carolina
Brent: Week 1 of the Romo experiment won't be pretty. He'll put up some meaningless stats once the game gets out of hand. Carolina covers.
Josh: i will never take the cowboys again. well, maybe not "never." anyway, i agree. i'll take carolina
Josh: we're agreeing a lot this week
Brent: Wow, did you see the Detroit pitcher MacDougal the throw to first base on a bunt? Game 4 is all tied up!
Josh: yeah, i'm watching

New England (-2) at Minnesota
Brent: We are, it's sickening. Last game is New England favored by 2 at Minnesota
Brent: you go first
Josh: Pats cover and win easy. the spread should be more. what has minnesota done lately?
Brent: They killed Seattle at Seattle last week
Josh: everybody was hurt in seattle, though - even the trainers
Brent: Ugh, I refuse to agree with you on another pick. NE takes the game by 1, failing to cover.
Brent: It's WS time!

4 comments:

Big Shaky said...

Well, you got the Chiefs game right!

Brent said...

Going into tonight's game, I am a respectable 6-6. Josh is a putrid 4-8. Good job this week!

Josh said...

can't...speak...still...choking...

Brent said...

Final stats are 6-7 for me and 5-8 for Josh.