Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Friday Night Lights - Round 2

Uh oh, I was afraid of this. It's only the second episode and I'm already getting bored with the show. Last night's episode was a lot about Street and how he is probably going to be paralyzed from the waist down. I can appreciate those parts because we obviously need to be kept up to date on his condition, but the rest of the show was not good.

It just kind of rambled on last night with no real action, excitement or plot twists. I was pretty disappointed and was struggling to stay awake for the entire episode. There is just no surprises here with any of the plot or the characters. Speaking of characters, how is it possible that a 17 year old kid can be drunk all of the time. No exaggeration - I mean ALL OF THE TIME! He's not the loveable party animal like Stiffler either. He's the angry, alcoholic dad type, but he's still in high school. This is indefensible.

I'm willing to give FNL one more chance, so I'll watch it again next week. But if it doesn't pick up pretty quick, I'll call it quits.

Rating: 5 out of 10 (and dropping)

No comments: